Marijuana was legalized in Oregon on July 1, 2015, but continues to be prohibited on campus in all forms, both consumption and possession, for either medical or recreational use.
This also includes devices used to consume it. Storing any items involved with the use of marijuana in your car while parked in a Lane parking lot is also not allowed.
Policy on this issue is guided by the fact that Lane is federally funded, according to Public Safety. Since marijuana is illegal according to federal law, Lane must follow this policy in order to stay eligible for federal funding.
Oregon’s Marijuana Law
- Must be 21 or over to possess and purchase
- Can possess up to:
- one ounce of usable marijuana in public places, except campus
- eight ounces of usable marijuana in private spaces
- up to four plants per residence
- 25 percent tax on weed sales begins
Jan. 4, 2016.
- Marijuana sales are banned in Junction City, Creswell and Coburg.
Starting on Oct. 1, 2015
Adults 21 or over can buy:
- Up to ¼ oz per day at medical
- Marijuana seeds for planting
- Up to four non-flowering plants